- Location: Boston, Massachusetts 02108
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Foods: Snacks
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Reports to: TBD
- # of Direct Reports: TBD
- Base Pay: Competitive Compensation Based On Qualifications & Experience, Plus Performance-Based Bonus. Benefits Offered.
At Bitsy’s, we’re on a mission to make great organic food that starts with a simple belief – healthy bodies and healthy minds are connected, and learning to eat smart should be fun at every age! As moms and educators, we work every day to make mega-delicious and ultra-nutritious foods for ALL kids. For us healthy means celebrating the foods, we want our kids to eat (we're not hiding any carrots around here). Our growing assortment of organic Smart Cookies, Smart Crackers and Cereal are made with the flavors kids love and the nutrients they need. Why can’t kid snacks with nutritious veggies, whole grains, and real ingredients be delicious and fun and educational all in one?! Let's empower kids to choose healthy, to want the good stuff at snack time, lunch time, any time.
As a result, we are looking for talented, passionate and enthusiastic Field Marketing & Sales Territory Reps to help spread the word and share our delicious snacks in their area!
- Cultivate and maintain relationships at the store level to help market and promote the Bitsy’s Brainfood brand. Coordinate and execute in-store merchandising opportunities including but not limited to store promotions, order taking, off-shelf placement, setting up displays, shelf maintenance, and enhancement.
- Organize and conduct in-store Whole Foods Market demonstrations, up to 4 times a week at high-traffic times. Coordinate with WFM team lead/member to obtain regional WFM guidelines and to create monthly schedules. Engage and educate the consumer to increase customer base and build brand loyalty. Track demo results in real time and input data into the Bitsy’s Brainfood portal.
- Support additional regional retail accounts based on location and need including but not limited to in-store merchandising and marketing events.
- Research and organize regional marketing support. Identify strategic sampling events to attend. Identify child-friendly businesses, organizations, schools, and community events to partner with to promote the brand and drive customers to our retail partners. Coordinate product drops in the region.
- Recruit and lead a small team of brand ambassadors in neighboring cities within your region. *Responsibility based on need in the region.
- Complete weekly reports that summarize the merchandising sales data and marketing events in your region including demo performance, sales support, and marketing initiatives and execution at store level, regional event/sponsorship participation and review. Capture pictures for social media support.
- Minimum 1-year experience in sales merchandising, marketing and event promotion. In-store experience in your region and knowledge of event and marketing opportunities in the kid space also preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong customer service skills. Works well with people. Ability to promote the brand enthusiastically and effectively to others. Positive, engaging and respectful attitude.
- Experience negotiating with retail managers and in-store employees.
- Understanding of the kids’ organic food space.
- In-store product demonstration experience.
- Independent thinker, passionate and self-motivated. Candidate can also work effectively within a team.
- Organized. Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of social media preferred. Can actively promote and tap into appropriate networks on Bitsy’s Brainfood behalf.
- Must be a licensed driver with a good record and reliable car.
- Flexibility with travel. Willing to complete market tours that require overnight stays on a need basis.
about Bitsy's Brainfood
Bitsy's Brainfood was started by two new moms who shared a simple belief — that healthy bodies and healthy minds are connected, and that learning to eat smart should be fun.
The fact is that certain foods are smarter than others. So the idea was to create Bitsy's Brainfood, a line of smart snacks: bite-sized treats packed with the good stuff to help support developing bodies and brains, like vitamins and Omega-3, all packaged with content that's educational and oh-mega cool. Plus, we've yet to meet a kid who doesn't love snacks or a parent who doesn't crave nutritious, on-the-go options.
At Bitsy's, we believe that every moment is an opportunity for learning — even snack time. That's why for us, being healthy means celebrating the foods we want our kids to eat (we're not hiding any carrots around here) and inspiring them to learn and grow wherever and whenever we can. We do this through interactive packaging, supercool stickers, characters that spark little imaginations, and a website designed to keep kids engaged and mentally active until it's time to go back outside and play.
We think eating smart and actually being smart are connected. And that being healthy is about more than just eating the right stuff.
At Bitsy's Brainfood, our goal is to make mega-delicious snacks and provide resources that nurture kids' bodies, minds, and imaginations—to teach them to crave the right foods, and to make learning fun.