- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota 55401
- Country: US
- Industry Types: Supplier
- Categories: Sales
- Foods: Other
- Employment Type: Part-Time
- Reports to: N/A
- # of Direct Reports: N/A
Back to the Root’s Independent Sales Representative role is the most exciting and rewarding position anyone passionate about food, sustainability, and making a better world through business can find! You’ll have the responsibility and ownership of driving growth for Back to the Roots.
At Back to the Roots, our Field Sales approach is to drive “AMPS”! AMPS defined: Availability (open new accounts), Merchandising (add new facing to existing SKU), Promotion (displays, end-caps), Space (sell new SKU to existing accounts)
The BTTR Independent Sales Representative is responsible for driving “A” Availability and “S” Space primarily for BTTR’s Ready to Grow line of business, and Ready to Eat line, where applicable.
This position is available on either a part-time or full-time basis.
1. Close new local-level account orders (“A”-Availability) and sell-in additional skus to existing local-level accounts (“S”-Space), including but not limited to: natural grocery, garden/hardware, gift, specialty and other stores
a. Requires store-level buyer/manager/owner communication and follow-up in person, via phone and email
b. Sales Rep is expected to meet “A” Availability and “S” Space sales targets as assigned ---
c. Sales rep will be provided with initial store “call list”
2. Identify additional store opportunities:
a. Sales rep is expected to identify & log new opportunities
3. Keep detailed track of account visits on provided dashboard
4. Weekly check-in with Regional Field Sales Lead to update on prior week account visits/ calls/wins and review upcoming week’s plan
- College degree
- Well-organized & comfort using an app-based sales tool as well as Google Drive apps on computer and phone if needed
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment; adapts to change well
- Outgoing, a great people person
- Ability to act independently and remotely
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, ready to hustle
- Must have access to a car and smartphone
- Passion for our mission of un-doing food and reconnecting people with where their food comes from!
20% commission on gross product sales closed + gas reimbursement. This position has tremendous upside and potential. The more you sell, the more you make.
about Back to the Roots
the Roots is a rapidly emerging organic food company that is dedicated to the
movement of making food personal again and reconnecting families to what they
What started as curiosity about urban farming has become a mission to Undo Food™ and reconnect families to it through fun, delicious and sustainable "Ready to Grow" and "Ready to Eat" products. Check them out here!
Whether you’re growing your own food or buying it at the grocery store, we believe
the trust and transparency behind each product should be the same. With ingredients from the kitchen, not a lab, our Ready to Grow and Ready to Eat products go beyond organic and bring great taste, discovery, and fun back into the kitchen & classroom.
Also check out our recent press here!